8.07.2011

Blessings of Friendships

This last Thursday was the final week in my Bible study “one in a million” by Priscilla Shirer. When I started this Bible study I had pictured in my mind “my goal” of where I wanted to be in my relationship with God. Surprisingly, He had a different picture.

A couple of weeks back Priscilla Shirer spoke of keeping a list of blessings. I remember sitting there thinking, “that sounds so cool…I wanna do that!” From that day forward I started keeping a list of blessings in my notes section in my phone. It is the most convenient way for me to keep my list since my phone is with me 24/7. I can peruse through the list or add to the list. As I was sitting in church on Wednesday night breezing through my list, I realized what God has blessed me with this summer. Friendships. It has been an interesting summer of new friendships and friendships that have made a full circle back into my life.

A few of my blessings:
1. Singles' Ministry at FBC Odessa: In June I jumped into the Singles Ministry and plugged myself in as fast as I could. I have met some of the sweetest, lovable, energetic, humorous people at church. I love my new friends.

2. My friend, Kelly Wick: Oh.My.Goodness. He is awesome. I met Kelly in May 2010 through my online dating extravaganza (LOL!!—another story for another time) When I married Patrick in December, my friendship with Kelly changed. To be honest, it was sad and I missed him. The weekend before Patrick left Brayden and me, Kelly came to Odessa and did a Singles Comedy Night at FBC Odessa. He stayed at my parents’ house in the same room I lived in until I got married. The following Thursday Patrick left Brayden and I, and I was back living with my parents. The first night back in my parents’ home I called him. Kelly is so dear to my heart. Proverbs 18:24 says, “A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.” I sent him a text one day with a whole bunch of emoticons attached to the text and at the end I said, “my mood swings.” We both got a chuckle out of the pun I made out of myself. I love knowing that you know how to make me laugh!

3. My sister, I love knowing that I can call you friend. 1 Corinthians 13:7 says, “It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.” Thank you for asking if you could walk with me through my most difficult time. I love you!

4. Christy Clark: Holy cow! How God weaves our lives and I am so beyond thankful for you. Our last conversation was a divine appointment…even though “B” called you 2 times:-)

5. Chance Forga: An unexpected friendship that started over Romans 14. To the one person who is able to relate to me during this time period in my life. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

He has brought me to a place where I realize He is the I AM. I am nothing without Him. Thank you for showering me with blessings of friendship.

No comments: