7.20.2011

Silent Prayer of My Heart

I have always longed for a close relationship with my sister. Last week I picked my sister up from DFW and it was the first time her and I had spent any time together. It was our first road trip by ourselves. Oh the memories made on this trip will last a lifetime! I wanted and needed this time with her. We had moments of silliness, laughter, sadness, and moments where we reflected with each other.

Cortney and I are from one end of the spectrum to the next, but somehow in the midst of many differences we click. My sister and I have an age difference of eight years. When she was nine years old (maybe) I moved out of my parents home. I missed out on all of her mundane moments and all of her highlights of her junior high, high school, and college years. I never saw her play soccer…and she is the head soccer coach for a private school in Columbus, GA.

Last week on our vacation in Texas from Houston, San Marcus, Wimberley, Austin, San Antonio, Fredericksburg to Dallas a reoccurring topic kept popping up in conversation. It was my silent struggle with teaching in Kermit. I love knowing I can sense when God is speaking to me. I could sense there would be a change because I no longer had a peace. The last months I have been waiting on His plan to be revealed. I do get excited about a change, but I also get frustrated with myself because my trust and patience is little. God knows me and knows me better than I know myself. He uses my weaknesses to bring me closer to Him.

I love working with children. They are hilarious. I find children to be a challenge. I realize after working in public education innocence has been lost at a very early age. I went home most nights thinking of a few children and saying prayers for those I knew who were hurting. At the end of June I had a close friend/colleague, who I taught with in 5th grade, send me a text asking if I was coming back or still processing. I thought, “I am going to miss the daily interaction with her.” She has been my “go-to” gal for prayers. My response to her text was, “At the moment it truly is a matter of prayer and I am at the point in my life that everything has to go to the Father.” Leaving this profession is bittersweet.

Interstate 20 and I have a special relationship (lol)…countless miles have been spent on this interstate by me. On my way home from vacation I thought about all the thousands of thoughts I have had, countless tears shed, prayers being lifted up, and numerous conversations that have been made on this interstate. I received a phone call from my mom Saturday morning while on I-20 telling me about a business that had come up for sale. In the span of 2 minutes and with very little information it became evident what God has planned for me…and my mom.

I struggle daily with trusting God with my life, but so thankful that His love is unconditional…that He reminds me that He has not forgotten me…that all my prayers have been heard...and that I am His daughter who He loves.

In a matter of 3 days I have made Odessa my home even though I have lived here for over two years. I joined FBC Odessa on Sunday which means my letter of church membership from FBC Abilene is being moved, Brayden has fully enrolled in Compass Academy…uniforms bought! and a dream of owning a business with my mom since high school has come to fruition.

No comments: