9.29.2011

Who is the Tooth Fairy?

I took Brayden to the dentist in August and after some X-rays of his mouth the dentist told me that Brayden will be losing his top two and bottom two teeth very soon. I giggled because it made me realize his smile is about to change.

Last Wednesday while I was in the parent pick-up line I saw Brayden swinging a sandwich baggie and dancing in his shoes. He bounded for the car, hopped in the car, began swinging the baggie in my face to show me he had "broken teeth." I said, "Hey there buddy! You lost your tooth!!" So not to waste anymore time I pulled the car over and he posed for the picture. (YES! I am "that mom.")


That night I come home to my son already asleep and the house dark. I was turning on the alarm for the house and I could hear the skampering of his feet racing towards me. He put his arms around my legs and said, "Ohhh...I thought you were the Tooth Fairy." As I picked him up I said, "Has she NOT come yet?" He just shrugged his shoulders. I was carrying him back to his bed when he said, "Is the Tooth Fairy a girl?" I said, "Yours is!" He said, "hmmmm..." I went on to say "...the Tooth Fairy has seen every baby tooth that has poked through your gums." I plopped him on the bed and I looked under his pillow and much to my amazement SHE had NOT come yet! He said, "I hope she hurries." I left him with wide eyes while he thought about the Tooth Fairy.

As I was walking back to my bedroom I realized I had NO CASH...none! Then I remembered that Brayden thinks a quarter equals a dollar. Brayden received "$4.00" from the Tooth Fairy.

No comments: